Esports Summer Camps
This camp, held in Western Michigan University’s state-of-the-art Esports Arena, will be led by an esports performance coach and WMU’s very own Esports Arena team. Participants will learn about objective discipline, growth mindset, execution, teamwork and communication, qualities that build on each other and can be used both in everyday life and to become an esports professional of tomorrow. On the last day, participants will get the full event experience, just like a WMU Esports team member.
Date and Times
The camp will run Monday thru Friday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m. at the WMU Esports Arena. Lunch will be provided each day for the campers. Please make sure to indicate any dietary restrictions at the time of registration.
Week 1 | June 17—21: Registration deadline: Monday, June 10, 2019
Week 2 | June 24–28: Registration deadline: Monday, June 17, 2019
Week 3 | July 8—12: Registration deadline: Monday, July 1, 2019
Week 4 | July 15—19: Registration deadline: Monday, July 8, 2019
WMU Esports Arena
798 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
(formerly the Little Theatre)
Parking will be available in lot #1, #10 and #11. Please note that you do not need a WMU parking sticker to park in these lots for this event.
Rules and Regulations
- Campers must be at camp from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. every day.
- Campers are expected to be respectful and courteous to all campers and staff members.
- Absolutely no physical or verbal altercations with fellow campers or staff. Fighting, the use of offensive language or any other inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated and the camper’s emergency contact will be notified immediately.
- Bullying of any kind will not be tolerated. This includes any intentional written, verbal, or physical act intended to harm another camper.
- Shorts must be an appropriate length and shirts or tank tops must be modest.
- All apparel may not have inappropriate language or graphics on them.
- All campers must sign out with a staff member before leaving the arena.
- If teens are signing themselves out and need to leave early, a parent must notify a WMU Esports team member ahead of time. Teens will not be permitted to sign themselves out before 4 p.m.
- Cell phones, iPods, iPads, or other electronic devices are not allowed during camp hours.
- Weapons of any kind are prohibited.
- Any intentional destruction of WMU property will be the responsibility of the camper.
The WMU Esports staff has the right to take disciplinary action if rules are not followed. Parents or guardians will be notified either during or after the camp day and all infractions will be written and recorded. After two verbal warnings, the camper will have the choice to follow the rule or be dismissed from camp either for the day or for the duration of the week, a refund will not be given.
A zero-tolerance policy is enforced in regard to bullying as well as other acts of aggression. Fighting, hitting, or physical altercations of any kind will result in the camper/campers being separated and removed from the camp group until a parent or guardian can pick them up or if warranted our WMU Department of Public Safety can intervene. A refund will not be given.