Every Tuesday from 6-11 p.m.
The WMU Esports arena will be open every Tuesday from 6-11 p.m. for free open play for WMU students. This is a great opportunity to get together with other gamers and test your skills in an arena-style environment.
GGLeap will be used for check-in. All equipment is provided but if you have your own controller, feel free to bring it with you. You may need to use your own gaming account for some of the games as there are limited licenses available at the arena.
We have a growing roster of games at the esports arena. Please keep in mind that some titles may have a limited amount of licenses and as such not every individual will be able to play a specific game at the same time.
You are also able to log in to your own game launcher account to launch games under your own account. Be aware that some games will require a download or update before playing if this is the case.
If you would like to play a game licensed by the WMU Esports Arena, simply hit the “Center Account” button when selecting said game.
You are encouraged to make your own account for any game labeled “free game”. These games often come with a variety of customizations. This means that your account will allow you to express yourself without being modified by other players. You are welcome to use the center accounts, but be aware your customizations are not guaranteed to remain the next time you visit the arena.
Current games installed at the arena:
- Overwatch (36 licenses)
- League of Legends (No licenses, free game)
- Rocket League (36 licenses)
- NBA2k19 (8 licenses)
- Madden 19 (8 licenses)
- CS:GO (0 licenses, free game)
- Fortnite (36 Accounts, free game)
- Apex Legends (36 Accounts, free game)
- DoTA 2 (36 Accounts, free game)
Rules and regulations
Participant Code of Conduct
Students are expected to conduct themselves in a particular manner. The following must be read before a student can be accepted to the program.
- Absolutely no physical or verbal altercations
- Bullying of any kind will not be tolerated. This includes any intentional written, verbal, or physical act intended to harm another individual.
- Students will not participate in physical or verbal attacks of other students or staff.
- Students will be tolerant of others' race, religion, disability status, gender, age, and ethnic background
- Weapons of any kind are prohibited.
- Any intentional destruction of WMU property will be the responsibility of the individual.
- No climbing on or off the stage.
- No Food or drinks (unless sealed) on the stage.
- Students will attempt to clean up after themselves and bring any trash to proper receptacles.
- All participants will be asked to sign an acknowledgement that they understand the rules and regulations prior to playing at the arena.